1 July 2021
RE: POPI (PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT, 4 OF 2013)
1. We address this notice to you in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA). We understand that the privacy and protection of your personal information is important to you. We are committed to safeguarding and processing of your personal information in a lawful manner.
2. We process your personal information only for the purpose of facilitating us to deliver the necessary service to yourself.
3. We also process your personal information to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
4. You will note from the above, that the supply of your personal information is mandatory in order to enable Linwyk Kitchens to give effect to the service that needs to be provided.
5. Linwyk Kitchens will take every step necessary to safeguard your personal information should information be stored or transferred outside of the country.
6. You are entitled to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information by giving written notice to us together with the grounds therefor; provided that the lawfulness of the processing of personal information before such withdrawal will not be affected or the withdrawal will not affect any processing that:
6.1 is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of delivering the service;
6.2 complies with an obligation imposed by law on Linwyk Kitchens;
6.3 protects a legitimate interest of the client or relevant party; or
6.4 is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interest of Linwyk Kitchens or of a third party to whom the personal information is supplied.
7. You are entitled to:
7.1 access and rectify your personal information;
7.2 object, by written notice to Linwyk Kitchens, to the processing of your personal information, for the purpose contemplated in 6.3 and 6.4 above, on reasonable grounds, unless legislation provides for such processing;
7.3 lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (contact details appear below) regarding the alleged unlawful processing of your personal information by Linwyk Kitchens.
8. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Information Officer Leona Van Lingen at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 011 740 2604. Alternatively, you can also access our PAIA Manual at our office.
Contact details of the Information Regulator:
PO Box 31533
27 Siemens Street
Telephone Number and Facsimile Number:
Office – 010 023 5200
Fax – 010 403 0625
Download PDF: pop act